Board of Directors Meeting Minutes 1.11.16

Rainbow Ridge Estates HOA Board of Directors 1/11/16 Meeting Minutes

Attendees: Amy Okubo, President; Julie Orbanosky, Treasurer; Sharon Ogez, Secretary; Mark Turner, Director of Grounds; David Silverstein, Director

  1. Minutes from August 22, 2015 Annual HOA meeting approved. Amy will post on website.
  2. Discussed problem of ice build-up on roads since last storm. Safety concern discussed since our roads have been iced over for several weeks. Agreed to hire a private firm for this winter on a trial basis. Sharon located a firm willing to plow our roads on an “as-needed” basis (call from us when snow is greater than 3-4”, followed by cold weather) at $75/hour. Little Tornado, Home and Yard Service, Troy Hughes. Mark motioned we pursue this effort unless TNT has a similar/better rate. Sharon seconded the motion.   All agreed. Sharon will also ask Troy about clearing sidewalk adjacent to park.

Update 1/12/16: TNT is slightly more expensive and wants a contract rather than an “as needed” basis. Board agreed via email for Sharon to follow-up with Troy Hughes of Little Tornado.

  1. Julie discussed budget. Roughly, the dues cover our bills, although we do have a surplus this year because of transfer fees and HOA BOD’s paying dues. Julie will have more budget details at the next BOD meeting where we will discuss how to spend the excess money. Julie also noted the books are not based on an annual calendar as required per our bylaws. Mark motioned the books be realigned with an annual calendar and Sharon seconded the motion. Everyone agreed and Julie will work on this.
  2. Amy agreed to send out a letter to all HOA members regarding barking dog complaints. Sharon to provide Amy with most current email list.

 

  1. David led discussion about potential surveillance cameras in RRE. We all agreed it was an idea worth pursuing and David will gather and forward more information. Further discussion at next meeting.

 

  1. Next HOA BOD meeting will be held on Sunday, 4/10/16 at 5:00. Back-up date 4/11. Another HOA BOD meeting scheduled for Sunday, 8/7/16 at 5:00. Back-up date 8/8.

Annual HOA meeting/picnic scheduled for Saturday, 9/10/16 with rain-date of 9/11/16.

 

Mark motioned to adjourn the meeting; David seconded. All agreed. Meeting adjourned.

Minutes of Annual Meeting 8.22.15

Rainbow Ridge Estates HOA Annual Meeting 8.22.15 Meeting Minutes

Attendees: Amy Okubo, President; Julie Orbanosky, Treasurer; Sharon Ogez, Secretary; Mark Turner, Director of Grounds; David Silverstein, Director

1. Meeting called to order at 3 PM by President of BOD, Amy Okubo
2. A quorum of homeowners consisting of 36 out of 68 lots was present in person or by proxy.
3. The notice of meeting was confirmed to have been sent in accordance with the Bylaws, Article 3, section 3.5.
4. Owners were informed of content on website including Secretary’s Minutes.
5. Recap of last year’s activities was presented including Christmas donations to Mountain States Children’s Home, Holiday Decorating of the neighborhood entryways, Spring Egg Hunt held in the park, Neighborhood Holiday Parties (Olsen – Halloween; Self – Christmas; Fahy/Katuna – St. Patty’s Day) and a call for additional people to consider hosting a party was made.
6. The Treasurer’s Report was provided by Julie Orbanosky, Treasurer.
a. The Budget was ratified with no objections, an announcement was made that Board Members will be paying dues in 2016 and dues will remain at the same level as in 2015.
7. The Grounds Report was provided by Mark Turner.
8. An Architectural Review Committee Presentation was given by Michael Scally. This presentation outlined areas that need ACC review and those that do not need review.
9. President, Amy Okubo, addressed the homeowners regarding calls for new BOD members and participants to organize social activities.
10. Members voted to reinstate current Board Members as follows:
i. President, Amy Okubo
ii. Vice-President, David Silverstein
iii. Treasurer, Julie Orbanosky
iv. Secretary, Sharon Ogez
v. Director of Grounds, Mark Turner
11. The floor was opened for issues and ideas from HOA Members but none were introduced. The consensus was that all is going well.
12. Meeting was adjourned at 3:40 PM

Annual Meeting Agenda 8.22.15

RRE’s Annual Meeting and Block Party

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Our park; 3:00-7:00

Join us for our Annual Meeting and then socialize with your neighbors! Your HOA will provide grilled meats, drinks, and some fun, family activities. Please bring a side dish to share and chairs for your comfort. Please RSVP to Sharon Ogez, sharon@ogez.net so we can plan the correct food quantity. And please volunteer to help set up or clean up! If you cannot attend, please give a signed proxy for your vote to our President, Amy Okubo at 1319 Jade Lane. It is imperative that we have a majority vote, without which we cannot effectively be a self-managed home owners’ association.

Meeting Agenda

  1. Call to order, 3:00 pm, by President, Amy Okubo
  2. Certification of Proxies and Roll Call, Amy Okubo
  3. Proof of Notice of Meeting (emails, newsletters, mailers), Amy Okubo
  4. Secretary’s Minutes available from 2014/2015
    1. Recap of last year’s activities – Mountain States Children’s Home, Decorating Holiday Entryways, Spring Egg Hunt, Neighborhood Holiday Parties (Olsen – Halloween; Self – Christmas; Fahy/Katuna – St. Patty’s Day. Please Contact Sharon Ogez if you would like to host a neighborhood party or organize a neighborhood activity.
  1. Treasurer’s Report, Julie Orbanosky, Treasurer
    1. Ratification of the Budget
    2. Board Members dues
    3. Notification of change to dues waiver for board members
  2. Grounds Report, Mark Turner
    1. Overview of work completed and future plans
  3. Architectural Review Committee Presentation
  4. Messages from the President
    1. Call for new HOA Board members
    2. Vote to reinstate current Board Members
      1. President, Amy Okubo
      2. Treasurer, Julie Orbanosky
      3. Secretary, Sharon Ogez
      4. Director of Grounds, Mark Turner
      5. Director, David Silverstein
  1. Issues and ideas from HOA Members
  2. Adjournment

 

 

 

Board of Directors Meeting Minutes 7.6.15

Attendees: Amy Okubo, President; Julie Orbanosky, Treasurer; Sharon Ogez, Secretary; Mark Turner, Director of Grounds; David Silverstein, Director

  1. Minutes from 6/1 HOA meeting approved. Amy will post on website.
  2. Annual HOA meeting notice, agenda, and proxy needs to be mailed by 7/20. Sharon and Julie to meet and confirm addresses. Sharon also to send via email and evite. We decided to have a very low key event. Hula hoops, water balloons (Amy’s girls), and catered food (Sharon to organize). Side dishes and desserts will be requested.
  3. We all agreed to visit the storage locker on Saturday, 7/11 to take inventory.
  4. Discussion regarding complaints of rental property growing hemp and not maintaining yard standards. Not sure if growing hemp is illegal. Amy and David to investigate zoning laws. David will put together a methodology for future complaints/HOA bylaw infractions. Process to include an initial voice notice with request to take care of problem, followed by a letter staying compliance required or HOA board would request appropriate action and send bill to owner. David to review process at annual meeting.
  5. Julie suggested we have a lawyer on “stand-by” to handle any HOA legal issues. Amy will f/u with someone from her office.
  6. New HOA regulations state HOA members must be certified if they are paid for services. Or, an outside management firm can be hired to run the HOA. Sharon made a motion that HOA dues will no longer be forgiven for board members. Mark seconded the motion and everyone agreed.
  7. Julie noted that she is the only person authorized to sign checks from our accounts. Both Amy and David will be added to the authority list.
  8. Discussed further need for weed abatement in park grass areas. Also suggested we install metal edging in planting areas to deter encroaching weeds. Mark to discuss with TNT and Rocky.
  9. Julie will register our HOA with the appropriate regulatory and tax agencies. We have been registered, but needs to be done annually.

Board of Directors Meeting Minutes 6.1.15

Attendees: Amy Okubo, President; Julie Orbanosky, Treasurer; Sharon Ogez, Secretary; Mark Turner, Director of Grounds

  1. Minutes from 2/24 HOA meeting were reviewed and approved. Amy will post on website.
  2. Julie updated expenses to date. Operated at a loss last year, but 7K+ surplus this year, plus 21K CD. She will have annual expenses at the annual HOA meeting. Julie raised the question as to whether or not the HOA should increase liability insurance. She will f/u with more information and present at next meeting.
  3. Transfer fee of $150 was discussed and everyone agreed not to consider raising the fee.
  4. Regarding 6/3 meeting in Denver to review new HOA guidelines. Nobody from the board can attend the meeting, so Amy will request summary/minutes of the meeting for us to review/discuss at our next HOA BOD meeting.
  5. Reminder that our website contains meeting minutes, HOA bylaws, covenants, HOA email address (rainbowridgeestates@gmail.com), etc. If budget/financial information is needed, Julie should be contacted for password. Sharon to include this reminder again in Noel’s next newsletter.
  6. Mark requested we hire Rocky to perform monthly services in the park, to include weeding, replacing dead shrubs and planting in bedding areas. Rocky will work about 2 hours per week as his schedule allows. RRE will pay him $280/month for 5 months, plus materials. This is essentially the same as paying him one time for all the work, but allows him the flexibility of working in the park when it best fits his schedule. Sharon made a motion to retain Rocky at $280/mo for 5 months. Julie seconded the motion, and it unanimously passed. Mark will f/u with Rocky regarding fall clean-up charges.
  7. We all discussed the need for clarification of HOA landscaping guidelines and implementation of those guidelines.   We all agreed to have a member from the architectural review committee give a presentation at the annual meeting. Amy to f/u.
  8. Amy raised the issue of Secretary duties in light of Sharon taking over Secretary position from Kate Olsen. We all agreed that all the social activities that Kate spearheaded were beyond the Secretary duties. We discussed bringing a “social director” onto the board, but the bylaws only allow for 5 members. We agreed that Sharon will continue to ask in general emails and/or Noel’s newsletter for volunteers to coordinate “extracurricular” activities.
  9. Annual meeting has been scheduled for 8/23 at 3:00. Sharon to schedule a “field trip” to the storage facility prior to the annual meeting. We need to inventory what is in the storage facility and clean up/organize it.
  10. Next HOA BOD meeting is scheduled for 7/2.

Board of Directors Meeting Minutes 2.24.15

Attendees: Amy Okubo, President; Julie Orbanosky, Treasurer; Sharon Ogez, Secretary; Mark Turner, Director of Grounds, and David Silverstein, Director.

 

  1. Julie submitted 2014 profit and loss financials. Net loss of $3,339.62 due to remediation of Cottonwood tree damage in the park. $32,836.51 in checking account, including prepayment of 1 year for the storage unit. All HOA dues have been paid.

 

  1. Discussed how to proceed with the remaining Cottonwood tree. We have been advised of 2 options. A) removing the entire tree at a cost of around 8K or, B) removing the back half of the tree for around 4K, anticipating the remaining part of the tree will live for another 5-10 years. A motion was made by David to only remove the back half of the tree. Sharon seconded the motion and it was unanimously passed, allowing Mark to move forward with the project. Cost not to exceed 4K.

 

  1. Mark will follow up with 3 lawn-care companies and finalize a contract for weekly maintenance of the park. It was suggested that he find a cost efficient company that could mow the lawn as late as possible in the week.

 

  1. Our current website hosting contract expires in March. We agreed to extend the contract for another year.

 

  1. We agreed to meet again in Q2 to discuss if new HOA regulations effective 7/1 might impact how our HOA is licensed and conducted. Meeting set for 5/27 at 7.

 

  1. We scheduled the Annual HOA meeting for 8/23 at 3:00.