Attendees: Amy Okubo, President; Julie Orbanosky, Treasurer; Sharon Ogez, Secretary; Mark Turner, Director of Grounds; David Silverstein, Director
- Minutes from 6/1 HOA meeting approved. Amy will post on website.
- Annual HOA meeting notice, agenda, and proxy needs to be mailed by 7/20. Sharon and Julie to meet and confirm addresses. Sharon also to send via email and evite. We decided to have a very low key event. Hula hoops, water balloons (Amy’s girls), and catered food (Sharon to organize). Side dishes and desserts will be requested.
- We all agreed to visit the storage locker on Saturday, 7/11 to take inventory.
- Discussion regarding complaints of rental property growing hemp and not maintaining yard standards. Not sure if growing hemp is illegal. Amy and David to investigate zoning laws. David will put together a methodology for future complaints/HOA bylaw infractions. Process to include an initial voice notice with request to take care of problem, followed by a letter staying compliance required or HOA board would request appropriate action and send bill to owner. David to review process at annual meeting.
- Julie suggested we have a lawyer on “stand-by” to handle any HOA legal issues. Amy will f/u with someone from her office.
- New HOA regulations state HOA members must be certified if they are paid for services. Or, an outside management firm can be hired to run the HOA. Sharon made a motion that HOA dues will no longer be forgiven for board members. Mark seconded the motion and everyone agreed.
- Julie noted that she is the only person authorized to sign checks from our accounts. Both Amy and David will be added to the authority list.
- Discussed further need for weed abatement in park grass areas. Also suggested we install metal edging in planting areas to deter encroaching weeds. Mark to discuss with TNT and Rocky.
- Julie will register our HOA with the appropriate regulatory and tax agencies. We have been registered, but needs to be done annually.