RRE HOA Annual meeting September 9, 2017
The meeting was called to order by President, Amy Okubo. All Board of Driectors members were present. A quorum of homeowners was present in person or via proxy.
Amy went over the ways Proof of Notice was accomplished as required.
Amy mentioned secretary’s minutes are available online.
Treasurer Julie Orbanosky reviewed our budget and the possible reduction of HOA fees. The yearly budget will be covered by lower HOA fees and we will continue to have money to set aside for unexpected expenses. A motion was made and ratified to reduce HOA fees to $300 per year. A vote was taken and the new fees ratified unanimously.
The proposed budget for 2018 was presented, discussed and ratified unanimously.
Mark Turner reviewed grounds maintenance and the reduction of dues being made possible thanks to Mike Scally’s hard work getting quotes for landscape maintenance. Discussed updating the community perennial beds.
Amy went over being neighborly and not parking in front of mailboxes or across from peoples driveways. She also mentioned the new ACC fine of $500 if changes to landscaping over 24 inches, paint colors, pergolas and other changes to exteriors were not first approved by the ACC committee
David reviewed the benefits of a volunteer HOA board vs. hiring a 3rd party service who doesn’t have a vested interest in our neighborhood. A call for new volunteer board members was made. No one stepped forward. The current Board was re-elected.
Floor was opened to discussions of thoughts and suggestions.
RREHOA BOD 7/23/2018 Meeting Minutes
Attendees: Amy Okubo, Jen Bartlett, David Silverstein, Mark Turner, Julie Orbanosky
- Amy called the meeting to order.
- Julie reviewed budget and the possibility of lowering HOA dues. We have a surplus in the budget for unexpected expenses as well as a CD with enough money to resurface Moonstone Ct when the time comes.
- We discussed how much we should reduce fees. We determined some surplus is good for unexpected expenses.
- A motion was made by David Silverstein and then seconded by Jen Bartlett to reduce annual fees to $300. Motion passed unanimously. The proposed budget for the coming year, which reflects the decreased dues, was finalized for presentation at the annual meeting.
- We discussed what should go into the Notice of Meeting packets; the budget, the agenda and the proxy.
- We discussed the picnic and who would cater and what supplies we needed.
Meeting Cancelled for lack of business to discuss
RREHOA board of directors 1/29/2017 Meeting Minutes
Attendees: Amy Okubo, President; Julie Orbanosky, Treasurer; Jen Bartlett, Secretary; Mark Turner, Director of Grounds; David Silverstein, Director; Mike Scally.
- Minutes from Annual Meeting approved and will be posted on the website.
- Discussed whether Mike Scally would replace Mark as Director of Grounds or if he would help Mark in overseeing costs and hiring grounds help as needed. It was decided that Mike would not join the BOD but would oversee grounds.
- Went over the budget. Mike brought up he had worked at getting new bids for Park maintenance. Discussed the bids and voted unanimously to replace current landscape contract with Cut and Grow for a new lower fee of $5378 which includes Spring Cleanup, weeds & trim, Fall Cleanup, fertilize grass 3X, aerate 2X and tend to both islands as well as the park. Mike Scally is the contact.
- Tree maintenance was discussed. Motion was made by David to allow Mark and Mike to decide. Unanimously approved.
- The continued need for the storage locker was discussed. Voted unanimously not to renew the storage locker and to sell or discard items if Tim and Katie do not want items.
- Snow removal on Park sidewalk was discussed. Since no one is specifically responsible for shoveling it, it was discussed paying neighborhood kids interested in $10 and hour and checking in with Amy at the beginning and end of the shoveling. Motion was made by David and voted on unanimously.
- Discussed making it easier for people interested in making exterior changes to their property to find the ACC members. Jen said she would add it permanently to the newsletter announcement section. Fine in the future up to $500 for project start with out approval.
- Discussed increasing the neighborhood insurance policy. Motion to make it up to $ 2 million.
- Annual meeting will be held on Sept 9, rain date will be Sept 10. Meeting will be held at 3.
- Next HOA meetings will be April 2 and July 9 at 5pm to discuss Budget and Catering.
Meeting was adjourned @ 7.