RREHOA BOD Minutes of Meeting 3-10-18
Attendees: Amy Okubo, Mark Turner, Julie Orbanosky, Jen Bartlett (via proxy)
Absent: David Silverstein
- A discussion of the HOA’s financial position began the meeting. The HOA continues to be very healthy financially. Al but seven houses have paid 2018 dues. Julie sent reminder notices to the seven outstanding home requesting immediate payment.
- Discussion regarding having more than one signor (currently Julie is the only authorized signor) on the Wells Fargo account and having dual signatures on all checks. Both were determined to be great ideas. Mark and Amy will meet at the bank on 3-24-18 at 10:30 to sign the bank paperwork and inform the bank of the request for dual signatures.
- Discussion was had regarding contracting with Jeremy of Cut and Grow for 2018 landscape care. Mark motioned and Julie seconded the motion to approve the annual contract as reflected in Cut and Grow’s proposal dated 3-1-18 (attached below). Motion passed unanimously.
- Motion by Mark and second by Julie to approve suggestions regarding landscape maintenance contained in email written by Mike Scally on 3-2-18 (attached below). Motion passed unanimously.
- Motion to spend no more than $500 to hire a decorator to hang holiday décor for both islands in HOA made by Julie and seconded by Mark. Motion passes unanimously.
- The storage unit is paid for through March 31. Discussion of the contents of the unit was had, Amy reported that the grill would be donated to Mountain States Children’s home. She will inquire as to whether they want all the empty Easter eggs. The bunny suit needs to be given to Tim Olsen. There are a few signs needed to post for annual meeting. Most everything else in the unit can be thrown out. The BOD will meet on 3-18 at noon at Julie’s house and then go to the storage unit to clean it out.
- Discussion about on street parking and its devaluing effect on the neighborhood. While it is allowed by the city and we cannot prohibit it, a gentle reminder not to do this will be placed in the next newsletter.
- The next two meeting of the BOD are scheduled for 7-28-18 at 3 PM and 8-18-18 at 3 PM. Location of both meetings to be determined.
- The date for the annual picnic was set for 9-8-18 with 9-9-18 as the rain date.
RREHOA BOD Minutes 3-10-18. cut and grow addendum
RRE HOA Annual meeting September 9, 2017
The meeting was called to order by President, Amy Okubo. All Board of Driectors members were present. A quorum of homeowners was present in person or via proxy.
Amy went over the ways Proof of Notice was accomplished as required.
Amy mentioned secretary’s minutes are available online.
Treasurer Julie Orbanosky reviewed our budget and the possible reduction of HOA fees. The yearly budget will be covered by lower HOA fees and we will continue to have money to set aside for unexpected expenses. A motion was made and ratified to reduce HOA fees to $300 per year. A vote was taken and the new fees ratified unanimously.
The proposed budget for 2018 was presented, discussed and ratified unanimously.
Mark Turner reviewed grounds maintenance and the reduction of dues being made possible thanks to Mike Scally’s hard work getting quotes for landscape maintenance. Discussed updating the community perennial beds.
Amy went over being neighborly and not parking in front of mailboxes or across from peoples driveways. She also mentioned the new ACC fine of $500 if changes to landscaping over 24 inches, paint colors, pergolas and other changes to exteriors were not first approved by the ACC committee
David reviewed the benefits of a volunteer HOA board vs. hiring a 3rd party service who doesn’t have a vested interest in our neighborhood. A call for new volunteer board members was made. No one stepped forward. The current Board was re-elected.
Floor was opened to discussions of thoughts and suggestions.
RREHOA BOD 7/23/2018 Meeting Minutes
Attendees: Amy Okubo, Jen Bartlett, David Silverstein, Mark Turner, Julie Orbanosky
- Amy called the meeting to order.
- Julie reviewed budget and the possibility of lowering HOA dues. We have a surplus in the budget for unexpected expenses as well as a CD with enough money to resurface Moonstone Ct when the time comes.
- We discussed how much we should reduce fees. We determined some surplus is good for unexpected expenses.
- A motion was made by David Silverstein and then seconded by Jen Bartlett to reduce annual fees to $300. Motion passed unanimously. The proposed budget for the coming year, which reflects the decreased dues, was finalized for presentation at the annual meeting.
- We discussed what should go into the Notice of Meeting packets; the budget, the agenda and the proxy.
- We discussed the picnic and who would cater and what supplies we needed.
Meeting Cancelled for lack of business to discuss
Rainbow Ridge Estates HOA Board of Directors 7/16/16 Meeting Minutes
Attendees: Amy Okubo, President; Julie Orbanosky, Treasurer; Sharon Ogez, Secretary; Mark Turner, Director of Grounds; David Silverstein, Director
- Reviewed proposal by RRE resident Vanessa Anderson to repaint the park goose. Motion by Julie to approve expense reimbursement up to $500. David seconded the motion and all approved. All agreed to Vanessa’s option #6 for the repaint. Mark and David will try to remove the “nest”.
- David will discuss surveillance cameras in RRE at annual meeting to gauge interest before pursing idea any further.
- Julie discussed the need to make sure any work done for the HOA (eg, landscaping) needs to have an estimate and board approval before work is performed and bills presented for payment. We all agreed that estimate/approval/work/payment process needs to be more consistent and no bills will be paid without prior approval of estimate.
- Sharon motioned to approve expenditure of up to $300 for Amy and Julie to buy additional perennials to plant in the park. Mark seconded and motion was approved.
- Amy stated several realtors have asked her whether chickens could be kept by RRE residents as allowed by City of Longmont. We all agreed to have residents vote to amend the bylaws to disallow chickens in RRE. Amy will provide wording and issue will be put to a vote at annual meeting. 75% majority of residents are needed to approve amendment.
- Annual meeting preparation was discussed. Sharon and Julie will prepare proxies, agenda, and budget to be distributed no later than August 10th, as required by bylaws for amendment change notification. We all agreed to have Georgia Boys cater again. Sharon will distribute invites, buy beverages, and coordinate with Georgia Boys. Amy will provide music and games. Mark will get ice if needed.
- Minutes from 4/10/16 HOA BOD meeting reviewed and approved.
- Next HOA BOD meeting scheduled for Sunday, 8/7/16 at 5:00. Back-up date 8/8.
Annual HOA meeting/picnic scheduled for Saturday, 9/10/16 with rain-date of 9/11/16.
- Julie motioned to adjourn the meeting; Sharon seconded. All agreed. Meeting adjourned.
Rainbow Ridge Estates HOA Board of Directors 4/10/16 Meeting Minutes
Attendees: Amy Okubo, President; Julie Orbanosky, Treasurer; Sharon Ogez, Secretary; Mark Turner, Director of Grounds; David Silverstein, Director (attended via call in)
- Minutes from 1/11/16 HOA BOD meeting reviewed and Amy will post on website.
- Mark recommended that TNT add herbicide to park maintenance regiment. He will also get a bid from them to add topsoil and power rake the lawn. Sharon will contact Jeremy Pater to provide HOA BOD with recommendations and bid for planting new trees in the park.
- Julie will have the HOA financial data realigned with the annual calendar by our next BOD meeting. Two owners have not paid their HOA dues; Julie has just sent out third letter, adding late
- Amy agreed to send out a letter to all HOA members regarding barking dog complaints and requirements to obtain ARC approval for landscape changes. Too many owners have bypassed the ARC approval process, so consequences should be clearly detailed in the letter.
- David will continue to research potential surveillance cameras in
- Next HOA BOD meeting will be on Sunday, 7/10/16 at 5:00. Back-up date 4/11. Another HOA BOD meeting scheduled for Sunday, 8/7/16 at 5:00. Back-up date 8/8. Annual HOA meeting/picnic scheduled for Saturday, 9/10/16 with rain-date of 9/11/16.
Julie motioned to adjourn the meeting; Sharon seconded. All agreed. Meeting adjourned.